Request a Solution Today

We will manage each step of the immigration application process while ensuring you're completely informed, fully understand and are satisfied your needs are being properly addressed.


Temporarily Relocating
Moving to Playa del Carmen or the Riviera Maya
Retiring to the Riviera Maya

An FM-3 is one of several documents that show a foreigner's immigration status in Mexico. There is also an FMT for tourists and an FM-2 for resident aliens. Anyone planning on doing business or working in Mexico must obtain an FM-3

If you're thinking of relocating to Playa del Carmen and the Riviera Maya to live, work, or both, the sooner you start the application process for your FM3 immigration visa, the better. Generally local Immigrations can have a back log of three or four months. Of course we can speed up this process if necessary.

Applying for an FM3 is a laborious and overwhelming process, and due to the quantity of documentation required, coupled with the ever changing Local Mexican Immigration requirements, experienced guidance is highly recommended.

You cannot work or open a checking account in Mexico without an FM3 Visa

Of course while visiting Mexico on your FMT Visitors Visa you can begin the FM3 application process. FMT Visitors Visa are issued by airlines or other ports of entry, and can be renewed if necessary.

Your FM3 must state where you'll be, living, working and in detail describe what type of job you'll be performing, if you plan on working. If you choose to change your job, you must also change your FM3.

Moving or Retiring to the Riviera Maya .................Top

If you are planning on living but not working in Mexico, one of the criteria that the Mexican Immigrations require for the issuance of a FM3 is that the applicant prove that they have 'sufficient funds to sustain themselves while in Mexico' and/or a proven steady income. There is no official minimum or maximum amount -- every application is dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Proof of fund and/or income is usually requested by means of bank account statements, proof of investment income, credit cards, or a combination of these

While your FM3 is filed with immigration and in the application process, if for any reason you need to leave Mexico, you'll need a special exit visa. This exit visa must be stamped when exiting, stamped when returning, and then added to your FM3 application. Each time you leave and return during the application process, you will need to repeat this process.

Request a Solution Today

Home| About Us| Immigration Services| Real Estate Services| Corporate| Business Services| Research| Contact Us
RIS Solutions | Site Map | English | Español | Playa del Carmen and The Riviera Maya, Mexico
Reliable Investment Copyright © 2008 of Reliable Project Solutions, SA de CV